Saturday, June 28, 2008

Answers to questions- Action Item #1

From all of the material I have read on popular culture, there isn’t one basic definition. Popular culture pertains to our everyday lives, movements, thing we do, say, hear, emotions we show, what we listen to, read about, eat, drink, and even taste. To me it is everything a human being is and becomes. It is those things that get us where we are today and where we are headed.

An understanding of popular culture is relevant to me because it is what I do for a living. I must pay close attention to the customers and make sure the products and services provided is what the society or targeted audience is looking for. As for my future, I hope to become an Accounting Manager and it will be very important to educate myself on all the new programs and technologies available to make sure the quality of my work is feasible and easily accessible for my clients.

I chose the movie Wall-E as my chosen artifact. I think this is considered a popular culture artifact because it was created and designed for public entertainment. The movie has escalated numerous positive reviews according to the Disney blog. On a personal note, I just happened to see this movie this past weekend and I would give it a three and a half star. The artifact was lovable and great to watch, but for me, the movie as a whole was not too moving. I was a little disappointed but I personally think the animated artifact is adorable!


No comments: