Monday, June 30, 2008

The New Nintendo Wii


Who was one of those excited individuals waiting in a long line the day the new Nintendo Wii went on the market? I was and guess what, right when I was about to get my hands on one of those precious consoles, It happened. The Meijer’s associate made the devastating announcement, “Attention customers, we have sold out of the Nintendo Wii consoles.” I thought to myself, “No, I just spent four hours in line, part of this time in the freezing wind, and for what - nothing.” What now? I just had to get my hands on one of those new consoles before Christmas. My next idea was E-Bay.

To my surprise, the $250 dollar game consoles were selling for a whopping price of $1000 dollars each. There was no way I could fork out that kind of money. So I waited, and waited for about three months before looking at the pending auctions again. To my surprise, a seller had listed a console with a starting bid of one cent. I kept watching the price as it slowly crept its way up and with one minute left in the auction, I went for it. I placed my bid of $300 dollars and waited impatiently for the conclusion. And guess what, I won. I was so excited to finally get my hands on one of the newest and coolest game consoles available on the market. My winning bid even included an extra remote and two brand new games.

Since then, my family and I have all enjoyed spending quality time together playing the Wii. We are no longer couch potatoes on the weekends like before. During the first week of intense play time, my muscles became very sore due to the interactions and movements required to play the exhilarating games. I am very pleased with the whole concept and special features of the games. I would recommend this unique game console to anyone and to me; it was definitely worth the wait, time, and money.

I found a very interesting and personal story written by Glenn McDonald. Here is the link to the article if your interested in reading his experience with the Nintendo Wii.

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/column/59902/wii-will-rock-you/



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa,

The Nintendo Wii is awesome. It is so interesting that our popular culture began leaning toward healthy lifestyles, and then the Wii came out which enabled people to play video games while still being physically active. Tennis really wears you out on that thing!

Heather

Andrew said...

I was one of those people who stood in line and bought up a couple from Game Stop. I sold them online and made more than enough to buy everyone's Xmas presents. The best thing on there is the Wii Boxing. It's turning America's overweight children back into normal sized kids.